The Concrete Conference is brought to you by the Concrete Industry Associations including Southern Africa Readymix Association (Sarma), The Concrete Institute (TCI) , Concrete Society of Southern Africa (CSSA) and the Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA).
Date: 1 to 2 August 2018
Venue: Birchwood Hotel and OR Tambo Conference Centre, Gauteng
Afrisam shows its commitment to the concrete industry associations through its headline sponsorship of this years’ The Concrete Conference 2018 (TCC).
Other corporate companies that are investing in the success of the conference are Chryso, PPC, Sephaku Cement and KonkreteGlobal with sponsorships of breakaway events such as the Concrete Quiz which takes place the night prior to the conference on 31 July 2018 at High Flyers on the same premises, as well as sponsoring refreshments, lunch and pre-dinner drinks respectively.
Underlining the importance of this joint event is the strong support from some of the best-known names in the industry that will exhibit at the event including Afrisam, Mapei, Chryso, Sika, Nissan, Basilisk Self-Healing Concrete, Isuzu and Carmix.
Says Johan van Wyk, organiser of TCC, “Basilisk will be launching their self-healing concrete at the conference, imagine that, concrete that heals cracks, while KonkreteGlobal will show the first robotic non-entry readymix truck cleaning system in South Africa. At the same time, Isuzu Truck World will have a surprise for readymix concrete operators and several other exhibitors will launch new ranges of equipment, concrete additives, adhesives and so much more.”
He continues that the first day’s proceedings culminate in a gala dinner where the SARMA readymix awards will be presented bolstered by top-rack entertainment and acts that include singer / drummer / comedian and the evening’s MC, Gino Fabbri.
Highlights and speakers
- Professor Henk Jonkers from Delft University of Technology will present a paper on technology behind self-healing concrete
- Max Moyo, world renowned speaker, will motivate and lead delegates into the future
- Leon van der Westhuizen from BrainRx will do some brain training
- Allesandro Bernacchia from Germany and Andrea Bonomi, from Italy, will present case studies on extrusion kerbing and mobile batching respectively
- TCC will also feature feedback on the state of concrete standards, including concrete test methods, aggregate test methods, water retaining structures and design codes
- There will also be a feedback and panel discussion on the consolidation of the concrete industry associations
- Other speakers will discuss energy efficient concrete roofs, cellular concrete and case studies on the Bosjes Chapel, Fourways Mall precast concrete and Zeitz MOCAA.