Babcock is preparing to introduce a new line-up of rigid haulers into the mining and quarrying sector in southern Africa, following Volvo Construction Equipment’s announcement that the Swedish equipment manufacturer will be launching its own range of Volvo CE-branded rigid haulers.
The Swedish equipment manufacturer will be launching its own range of Volvo CE-branded rigid haulers.
Image credit: Volvo
The Volvo R100E is an entirely new Volvo CE product with a design focused on cost-effective production, durability, comfort, and safety. The fully electronic Cummins QST30 engine provides superior power and fuel efficiency via an improved ‘connected’ drivetrain.
The R100E delivers high levels of productivity and performance via a large 60.4m3 carrying capacity in the newly designed ‘double v-type’ body.
Designed to meet customer demands for a rigid hauler that delivers comfort, performance, and productivity, the R100E simultaneously provides a low cost of ownership and ease of serviceability.
Other benefits that Babcock customers can look forward to from the new Volvo R100E include:
- Higher levels of durability and component protection for longer lifecycles, increased uptime, and reduced operational costs. Well laid out service points promote safe, quick maintenance and increased machine uptime.
- The introduction of Volvo Adaptive Shift Control in the R100E provides automated adaptive shift schedules for excellent performance and fuel efficiencies in all operating conditions.
- A deep tapered profile in the load bin with longitudinal v-slope floor plates provides excellent load retention and low centre of gravity for operating on steeper mining slopes and load stability in all hauling conditions.
- A new suspension design and wheel track configuration absorbs high levels of ground impact shocks for excellent operator comfort and component protection.
- A newly designed cab featuring an ergonomic layout, improved operator experience, and a 360-degree visual system for safe and efficient operation.
Based on the existing and well-proven Terex TrucksTR-series, Volvo’s new D-Series, comprising the R45D, R60D, and the R70D, have undergone an in-depth engineering review to ensure the new machines meet the standards expected from Volvo products. The new D-Series machines will have Volvo CE branding and have benefited from numerous improvements, including enhanced operator visibility and safety systems.
Production of the new Volvo-branded rigid haulers will begin in Volvo Motherwell, Scotland, in mid-2018.